Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Rita Skinny

Shwin Designs just launched their Spring Pattern Collection and, of course, they have some
adorable patterns! Right away I knew I wanted to make G the "Rita Skinny".  I think next
I want to make the "Maggie Mae Tunic". I just checked out their flickr group and love what 
some of the other sewers did with the tunic pattern!

Back to the Rita Skinny though. The pattern was very easy to read and put together. 
My only issue is that Gianna is in between an 18M and 2T. I made the 2T pattern
with the 18M length. I wanted the pants to be more ankle length or even capris. 
They are a bit big still, but hopefully they will fit perfect when spring is finally here! 

I just love them! I think they actually look like store bought pants, which is what
I'm always going for. 




Rolled up for capris!
Love the button details





And pockets in the back!

After a few bribes, I got Gianna to do a 'photo shoot'. She may or may
not have been bribed with croutons...she loves those things!







How can you not love these jeans?! Probably the best pant pattern
I have ever bought/used!

No comments:

Post a Comment