Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Hobo Sack


I was trying to think of something different and fun to give my cousin's son for his birthday (he's turning 2). A million ideas ran through my mind and then I found this tutorial-for a hobo sack! What kid doesn't love a bag to carry around all their goodies in?
Sorry-pic taken from my phone!

Dana from Made did a great job with the tutorial. It was very easy to follow and didn't take long at all. I originally made one from her dimensions but it was tiny. I went ahead and whipped up another one that was 13 x 16. It's the perfect size and will be perfect for me to fill with some books, trucks, etc for the birthday boy!

I also added a monogram letter-which was incredibly easy! I didn't take pictures during these steps but I'll explain what I did.

1.) I used my Cricut Cutter to cut out a T on normal paper.
2.) I cut a piece of red knit fabric
3.) I placed the piece of paper (freezer paper works better because you can iron it on, but I didn't have any one hand).
4.) I used a large paint brush and white fabric paint, and painted on the T!
5.) Yes, pretty self explanatory. My Cricut made it extra easy.

I really hope he loves his new, personalized bag! I know it's now my favorite new birthday gift to give-I may be making every kiddo I know one for their birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment