Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Denim & Lace

Even though the ground is still covered in snow, I can't help but think of spring. 


So I decided to whip up a pair of sweet little shorts. Last year I made a pair
of these knot shorts and fell in love with them. I couldn't help making
her a pair for this summer only with lace details this time! 

They are really simple to make; I made this pair in a little over an hour!
Perfect nap time project. 

can also make your own, following Shwin & Shwin's Drafting a Pattern tutorial.

Then I followed Grosgrains tutorial on how to make the knot shorts. 

The tutorial is so easy to follow and like I said before, they sew up quickly!


They are cute rolled up or kept down.
I think I prefer them rolled up to show off that lace!

Wanna know the bad news though? I made them too small! UGH!
They will fit if Gianna is potty trained by summer though;
maybe that will be my incentive? 

If not, I guess they were easy enough that making another
pair wouldn't be a huge deal. Guess it's time to move my patterns
from 18 month to 2T! 

No comments:

Post a Comment