Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Lace Striped Tee-No Sewing Required!

I'm a tee and jeans kind of girl in the summer; anything more than that is way too much to handle while chasing around a bunch of crazy toddlers ;-) I decided this summer I'd whip up some cute embellished tees. 

A friend of mine bought this tee at JCrew. I really love the simplicity of it! And I knew I could easily make one!


Joann's & Hancock's have a bunch of their lace on clearance. I got mine for $.99! 

I purchased a tee from Target for $6 and got to work. At first I pinned the lace on and sewed along the edge, using my walking foot. Well somehow my pins came undone and the second lace line turned out bad!
See the big arch under the left bust area? Ugh. I tried to seam rip it which didn't work too well
because the sewing already caused tiny holes in the shirt. I knew I needed to do something different.

I pulled out my Wonder Under and ironed on the last strips! Simply iron on the Wonder Under onto the
lace, peal off the backing and iron the lace onto the shirt. Easy peasy! I wish I would have tried that first....

Oh well, I suppose I will just have to wear this shirt under a cardigan to hide my little mistake :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment