Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

No Sew Ruffle Bib Tee

I was so excited when I looked at Targets ad this morning and saw all their 
plain fitted tees are $5!!! I went right away and I bought one...I may have to go back
and buy 5 more (but don't tell my husband!) I whipped up this awesome
no sew shirt in minutes. I love the simpleness of it, and how cute will it look
this fall under a cardigan or jacket? Ahh...I'm in love. 



Here's what I did! I went to Hobby Lobby and bought the ruffle fabric. It's $12.99
a yard but you can print a 40% off coupon on their website. You only need about an 1/4 of a yard.

I purchased a gray scoop neck tee from Target and some Wonder Under from Joann's (don't worry
it's only $9.99 a yard in the store and you only need about 1/4 yard, plus don't forget to use 
those coupons!)

I took my Wonder Under and placed it on top of my shirt, rough side down. 
Next I traced on the paper the neckline of the top and also how big I wanted
my 'bib' to be. 

Next following the Wonder Under instructions I ironed the ruffle fabric on to the Wonder Under.
Once it was ironed on I cut out the ruffle fabric along the lines I drew earlier, when I traced
the neckline and bib area of the tee. Now peel off the back of the Wonder Under and place
your bib onto the tee. Make sure you have it exactly like you want and then iron it on!
Make sure it pressed really well, especially if you aren't sewing along the edges. 

TA-DA! You're done!! 
(If any of these instructions were confusing please let me know and I'll clarify)


Make sure you wash it gentle cycle, inside out and line dry. 


If you want it to look fancier-here's a tutorial from Make it & Love it on how to sew it on.


No comments:

Post a Comment