Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

The playdate dress...or shirt!

We just bought G these adorable shorts on sale at Younkers. Jeff requested I buy a teal shirt to match the top but I couldn't find anything I liked. So when we got home I decided to try out my new walking foot
and whip up a knit top to match!
First-let me tell you if you don't have a walking foot for your sewing machine, buy one now! I'm in.love. with mine. It made sewing a knit shirt the easiest and quickest thing I've ever made! 

Now, on to the reason for this whole post. I made G an adorable knit top! 

(please disregard these terrible, horrible pictures. I'll put up new ones in a few days!)

I can't take credit for the pattern on this one. I copied Jess's pattern over at Craftiness is Not Optional. 
She made her daughter an adorable Playdate Dress and I copied her pattern to make G a teal top! 

Her pattern was so incredibly easy to follow, I whipped this up in about 30 minutes. Next time I
need to make the neck smaller (and maybe do a cute pattern fabric)
but otherwise I'm really happy with how it turned out!

Thanks Jess for another amazing tutorial!!

No comments:

Post a Comment