Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

DMK Unisex Hoodie Jacket Pattern Review

Last week I purchased a pattern on Etsy; the Dear My Kids 

I wanted to make G a cute fall jacket. I loved the double breasted
look of this jacket and that it's fully lined! (Too bad I made G's
too small so it's not double breasted, ugh!) I will definitely be making
another one...I was thinking a single layer fleece jacket...

Back to the pattern! The pattern was very well written and easy to follow. 
It didn't take very long to make (a couple hours?) which is something I love,
I get impatient easily and just want to see the outcome!

The pattern comes in size 12m-6T which is great. The only downfall is that it jumps from
12m to 2T. I didn't know which one to make (G is in between a 12m-18m right now) so I kind of cut out the pattern in between a 12m and 2T. I should have just gone with a 2T though, especially with the fleece lining
and wanting it big enough to fit over sweaters. I also didn't measure G to compare it with the chart to see what size I should make...oops! Told ya I was impatient! 

Overall I loved it. I plan to make some fleece jackets for this winter 
and cotton jackets in the spring! Overall definitly worth the $6. Especially since I plan to use it
until she's too big for a 6T.

I will definitly be buying more patterns from Dear my kids and I'll review them too!

I hate buttons and button holes. Disregard that I put them on
the wrong side....and that they aren't straight. 

Fully lined in fleece! G loves that it's so soft!

Bad view. And notice our topsy turvy?! Yup,
it didn't work for us! Nothing grew!



*Dear my kids has not asked me to review their pattern. I simply bought the pattern and decided to do
a review on my own. I am not being compensated for this review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment