Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fleece Fall Sweatshirt

I got started on G's fall wardrobe! Tuesday night we went to Joann's and Hobby
Lobby to pick out a few cute prints to start with. I didn't want to go too crazy
because I know the new fall fabrics are still coming in! 

Anywho, where was I? 

I picked up a cute damaskish printed fleece from Joann's. 
Last spring I had purchased the McCall's sweatshirt/sweatpant pattern
and planned to use that to make this top. Once I started cutting  out my pieces
I realized even the size 1 was way too big.  So I grabbed a sweatshirt that fit G well
and sized down the pattern quite a bit (maybe a bit too much). 

There are so many fun things you can do with a simple sweatshirt pattern.
Add ruffles, pockets, buttons, multiple coordinating fabric, etc. I have a few
more fabrics to use to whip up more of these sweatshirts! 

Oh wait...maybe you'd like to see a pic of this top that I keep bragging about?

(please diregard the terrible pictures! It's way too hot out to make G model
her new fleece sweatshirt for me!)


No comments:

Post a Comment