Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Quilted Owl Vest

One of the fabrics I fell in love with at Joann's was this corduroy owl print.
So adorable and sweet...yet too busy for a top (for my style atleast!). Of course,
I still had to buy a half yard.  



While we were out shopping the other day I noticed the poofy vests were still
in style and I knew I needed to make one for G! I decided the owl print
would be perfect, with some warm fleece lining. 

I didn't use a pattern or tutorial but I did stumble upon a great one by Me Sew Crazy
She has a quilted vest tutorial that is great! 

Here's my version. I really love it. You could also add button or a zipper 
but I hate sewing on either so I did without :-)




And she knows how to take it off..dangit!
But here's a great shot of the fleece lining!
And unfinished seams....



No comments:

Post a Comment