Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

The Girly Cardigan, Take 2

Remember the Girly Cardigan I made with a pattern from Heidi & Finn. This time I did a slight variation; I didn't include the ruffle strip along on the edges, instead I added a crochet detail.

A few months ago I bought a ton of vintage crochet pieces. I wanted to add them on a few pieces in G's fall wardrobe, so I found a crocheted place mat and went to work. First, I cut all the pattern pieces for the pattern, including 2 extra front pieces cut from the crocheted placed mat. Second, I took the exterior fabric and crochet pattern pieces and sewed them together. After that I continued to sew the cardigan as instructed, excluding the ruffle piece.

At first, I wasn't sure what I thought of the cardigan. Once I put it on G, I loved it! She looked so adorable with it in her new Gap jeans. She wore this to church the other weekend and she got quite a few compliments on it!!

Someone figured out her nose has holes
that her fingers fit right in!


A cute little tuxedo-tail style back!



No comments:

Post a Comment