Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Dress Up Bin

One of Gianna's big Christmas presents was a 
DIY Dress Up Bin. I love.love.love how it turned out.



My wonderful husband build, with a little help from Ana-White!
You can find the plans, building material list, approx. 
cost of materials, etc on Ana-White.com. Just search

I painted mine with left over paint from Gianna's Birthday Kitchen
and used my Cricut to cut out the letters. 

I also added two hooks, to keep hats, jewerly and other accessories!



The fun part was finding odds & ends to put in the dress up bin!
The 'bin' part is perfect to hold all those extra stuff you can't hang up!

I bought a few things from The Dollar Tree; a tutu, princess slippers,
crown, a clown tie (to dress up as a business man), and jewelry. 



I found a few good things (old costumes, mostly) at Goodwill, Craigslist and
 Garage Sales. It's a bit late now, but I picked out a few old costumes from
the clearance section at Walmart and Target. You can't beat $2 for a pretty
princess dress! 

Of course, I had to make a few things too! An apron/chef hat and, my 
favorite, the doctor coat! This week Walgreen's has BOGO Free
on some toys, including a great doctor's set! Talk about a cheap gift :-)




When Gianna's a bit older, and can really appreciate it, I'll make her
some beautiful princess gowns to add to her dress up bin! 

Photo courtesy of HomadebyJill


I can't wait to see her playing with all her new dress up clothes and 
accessories. I'm positive she'll love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment